Thursday, October 27, 2005

Literary musings...the Indian kind

Fantasy has never appealed to me greatly, especially all the LOTR's and HARRY POTTER's however engrossing and great they may be. I have always liked reading stuff which is closer to reality, because you can relate to the characters pretty well (atleast for me). Although there may be exceptions, i've never really taken a liking to fantasiacal characters.

Coming to the point, I'm presently reading literary works by Indian authors and I've found it engrossing. "A suitable boy" by Vikram Seth has been a pretty good experience (till now). Considering the mammoth size of the book, I would be able to fit in another couple of novels in there. Am also reading Rohinton Mistry's "Family matters" and it has also been a wonderful experience. I wouldn't want to ruin the experience of the readers by quoting the story here, but I can say that they are well worth a read.

I feel I 'll become an Indian literary aficionado soon. Looking forward to read...

Untouchable - Late Mulk Raj Anand
Coolie - Late Mulk Raj Anand




1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Saturday Night Takeout said...

Dead or what? Enable word verification. Missin' the ghoda.

-Pi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home