Friday, October 21, 2005

Guts to live up to yourself...everything else is hypocrisy

I was just going through a blog written by a friend of mine. I was thinking on the same lines, and they have been plaguing me since a long time. It's about what I am presently doing in life, and does it makes sense to do it. These thoughts occured to me while I was talking to my brother. He asked me not be hasty in committing to a PhD. He was telling me about all the stuff regarding people getting bored with research during their years as a Doctoral student. I was quite dumbfounded by that comment of his. It dawned upon me that I have never thought about that. My ultimate aim in life is to do research, and if I were to get bored with that what would I be left with, an empty shell. Earning money in a big firm, yeah that life would be so much better for many (not for me though). I would be lost in the crowd. It finally boils down to doing what you really love and go about it as strongly as you can. "If you fear it's going to cost you dear".

Another thing that I found illogical in here is people asking me as to why I quit my job and come here (I think some of my friends back in India were so much more sensible). Well, people, what the fuck? Why does it always have to be about money? Why can't I be, for one moment, selfish enough to do what I think and love?

All these things piss me off so bad. Well, whatever...it has been great till now and satisfying. It has given me a sense of intellectual freedom and time on my hands to do what I want. I hope to do well and by the time it's over I hope to have the GUTS to look at myself in the mirror.

It's not about the PhD, neither about the industry, it's just about doing what you ought to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home